Direct at KRT
Interested in directing at KRT in 2019?
Kincaid Regional Theatre is seeking a creative and enthusiastic director for our 2019 season mainstage. Candidates should send a resume and cover letter to . Professional references encouraged. Reference “2019 Season Director” in subject line. Preference given to candidates who submit applications prior to Friday, February 1st.
Please complete the fields below. Upon completion of this application, you will receive more detailed information of individual productions for our 2019 Season. The season will officially be announced at the end of February.
This position calls for individuals with the following qualifications:
• Strong management skills
• Attention to details
• Time management
• Budgeting skills (working closely with the General Manager)
• Theatre arts training (degree in fine arts or drama encouraged, but not required)
• Strong communication abilities
• Approachable, respectful, creative
• Understanding that flexibility is key to ensure KRT's success at the outdoor Griffin Center Amphitheater
1) Oversee the musical’s production, tasks including:
a. Creative Leadership
b. Conducting Rehearsals
c. Approving production designs, working cooperatively and respectfully with the KRT team
d. Guiding the cast and crew
e. Interpreting scripts, identifying themes
2) Hiring the following production staff (KRT General Manager will aide in this process, some positions may be filled at the discretion of the General Manager):
a. Music Director
c. Stage Manager
d. Scenic Designer
e. Prop Designer
f. Scenic Carpenter
g. Sound Designer
h. Light and Sound Operators
*This is a paid position.*
The top 3 ideal candidates will be asked to interview and give a 15 minute visioning presentation to members of the Kincaid Regional Theatre Board of Directors in February.